Lunch on the Row Featured Entree: Strait’s Basil Chicken recipe!
Santana Row has an amazing Lunch on The Row PLUS a Show promotion going on the month of March. We will be featuring various entrees that are available through this promotion and their recipes. Today's entree is Basil Chicken by Straits. Check out the recipe here:
Basil Chicken by Straits
Yield: 2.5 lbs.
⅓ Ounces - Candle Nut
¼ Pounds - White Onion
½ Ounces - Garlic
½ Ounces - Lemongrass
⅓ Ounces - Galanga
1 Ounce - Red Fresno Chili
¼ Cup - Canola Oil
¼ Cup - White Wine Vinegar
¼ Teaspoon - Ground Tumeric
¼ Ounces - Salt
⅓ Poun - Sugar
12 Ounces - Coconut Milk
⅓ Pound - Red Fresno Chili, julienne
⅓ Pound - Jalapeno, julienne
2½ Pounds - Chicken Thigh Meat
2 Ounces - Thai Basil
⅓ Pound - Peas & Carrots
⅓ Pound - Shiitake Mushrooms, halved
12 Ounces - Bamboo Shoots
- Soak the candle nuts in water for 15 minutes or until soft.
- Grind the candlenut, onion, garlic, lemongrass, galanga, and chili until a paste is formed. Strain out as much water as possible. Set aside.
- In a large stock pot, heat up the oil and add the rempah. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the vinegar, tumeric, salt, and sugar to the stock pot and cook for 15 more minutes on low heat.
- Add the coconut milk and reduce until the sauce can coat the back of a spoon. Add the Fresno peppers, jalapeno peppers, and chicken and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Finish the sauce with the basil, peas & carrots, mushrooms, and bamboo shoots and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
FOR MORE INFORMATION on Lunch on The Row and A Show, go to - http://www.santanarow.com/events/item/lunch_on_the_row_plus_a_show/