Top 10 Tips for Healthy Holiday Eating
There’s nothing better than all the good tidings this time of year. The Lite N’ Up lifestyle coaches at Club One Fitness at Santana Row have put together the Top 10 Tips to help you make healthy eating choice this holiday season and enjoy the holidays guilt free!
1. Have a Snack: Munch on ¼ cup of almonds or a handful of carrots and hummus to keep yout metabolism strong and boost your holiday cheer!
2. Fill Up on the Lighter Fare: Steer clear of the breaded and fried temptations and make a bee-line for the shrimp cocktail, raw veggies and fresh fruit.
3. Create Barriers: With a glass in one hand and an accessory in the other, you’ll have a much harder time reaching for a snack.
4. Watch Liquid Calories: Take a half-glass of egg nog and sip slowly. Opt for a glass of still or sparkling water between cocktails.
5. Use Healthy Substitutions: When the recipe calls for a stick of butter, try modifying it with apple sauce or heart-healthy oil. A simple Internet search can save hundreds of calories!
6. Organize Group Activities: Take advantage of your Club One membership and bring your guests for a Zumba class or gather the troops outside for a brisk walk or friendly game.
7. Enjoy Favorites, in Moderation: Dish up small servings, taste every bite without guilt and remember, food tastes best in the first three bites.
8. Talk to Yourself: Look in the mirror every day to remind yourself of your priority to manage your weight and be healthy. When faced with a particular challenge ask yourself: Is your priority to lose weight, or is it to gratify a momentary impulse? Take a moment to really think about the consequences of your action and how it will affect your long-term goal.
9. Plan Daily Non-Food Rewards: Enjoy a bubble bath, take time alone for yourself or schedule a massage for adhering to your goals.
10. Arm Yourself for Success: Share your goals with friends and family and ask for their support. And remember, no one eats perfectly all the time!