Warm Weather Makeup Tips From Atelier Salonspa
When the weather turns toasty, your makeup can melt faster than an ice cube on a hot sidewalk. Consider these useful tips from Atelier Salonspa at Santana Row to keep your makeup melt-free.
- Use an all-in-one foundation, like Aveda's inner light™ mineral tinted moisturizer spf 15, which is oil-free and radiance0infused.
- For oily skin, set your foundation with a lighter-than-air powder, to reduce shine and keep your foundation from softening up in the heat.
- Use eyeshadow instead of eye pencil to define eyes and brows. Aveda's color options™ eye shadow transformer turns powder eye shadow into a cream, or transforms shadow into vibrant liquid liner that defies the heat. Use eye or brow shadow dry to define brow.
- Always use powder blush or bronzer, never a cream formula when the temperature rises.
- Remember that lips need sun protection too. Lipstick can offer a bit of protection from the sun's rays by covering delicate lip surfaces with color and moisture.