Water is Precious - Helpful Water Saving Tips
Water is a huge focus right now, not just for our new administration, but also for those of us who make an effort during Earth Month. Aveda salons around the world take part in events and awareness during this month.
Here are some great ways to make a difference this Earth Month!
Be Smart about Water Use!
Tip of the month:
Atelier has made a commitment of environmental leadership and responsibility - and conserving natural resources tops our list. Imagine if you had to walk for an hour just to get a glass of CLEAN drinking water! Or you had to carry 30 pounds of water 4 miles just to take a shower? That’s exactly what women in developing countries have to do every day. We don’t take our clean water for granted!
Here are our FIVE favorite water-saving tips to save this precious resource:
1. If you have a hair appointment today, don’t wash your hair! We’ll do it for you - saves time and water. We’ll use one of Aveda’s botanical hair cleansing rituals, like Aveda’s Scalp Benefits, which soothes an itchy scalp. And plus, having someone else do the scrubbin’ is pure luxury!
2. Consider washing every other day—use Aveda’s Pure Abundance Hair Potion to extend the life of your hairstyle. It helps to soak up excess oil whil also adding mega-volume!
3. Turn the water off while you shampoo and condition your hair and you can save more than 50 gallons a week. Conditioning hair with Aveda’s Dry Remedy Treatment saves hair from becoming dry and brittle.
4. When you are washing your hands, don’t let the water run while you lather. Aveda’s Calming Body Cleanser is very concentrated, and comes in an economical liter size with a pump for a pre-measured drop. How “handy”!
5. Turn off the water while you shave and you can save more than 100 gallons a week. Aveda’s MEN Shave Cream isn’t just for the boys! It smoothes and protects skin from nicks, which saves more than water—saves skin too!
Do one thing each day that will save water. Even if savings are small, every drop counts.
At your service,