A Department Sales Manager contributes to a profitable and customer-centric environment through development of a team and ownership of department responsibility. Manages the selling and operations of department. Supports total store operations, facilitates product flow, and applies merchant skills to curate a compelling customer experience.
REPORTS TO: Store Brand Leader
PARTNERS WITH: Additional Department Manager and Visual Merchandising Manager
PEOPLE & DEVELOPMENT
- Supports the SBL in recruiting, hiring, and retaining top talent to build bench for the store
- Supports the SBL in creating and maintaining a succession strategy
- Facilitates a thorough and thoughtful onboarding for New Hires
- Takes responsibility for own development and professional growth
- Ensures that development happens through all levels of the team
- Creates a culture of action and accountability
- Plans and executes meetings that are collaborative, educational and motivational
- Administers performance appraisals, sets goals and conducts consistent touch-bases with direct reports.
- Ensures that coaching and counseling is consistent and timely
- Cultivates an environment of genuine customer connection
- Demonstrates extraordinary service, leading by example on the sales floor
- Facilitates an energized pace, positive service environment and team development through the MOD role
- Acts as a brand ambassador reflective of the company values and aesthetic
- Understands multi-channel business - implements processes and utilizes tools to better service the customer
- Oversees utilization of personal stylists and/or fitting room experts to elevate service, outfitting, and team development of these skills
- Engages with local community via events and social media platforms
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, strong assessment and decision-making skills
- Is an entrepreneur, takes smart risks with measurable results
- Provides global and department insight related to the customer experience and communicates information to district team and home office
- Facilitates the sharing of product knowledge for department
- Builds and maintains productive partnerships
AESTHETIC UNDERSTANDING & APPLICATION
- Upholds stock-to-sales processes and presentation standards
- Collaborates with SM and VM to assess merchandising and outfitting
- Leads department team to understand and apply merchant skills to impact business and the customer experience
- Manages product placement within department that is reflective of trend and supports brand messaging
- Maintains an effective store structure, floor plan, and appropriate fixture usage within department
- Upholds and ensures compliance with markdowns, transfers and restock standard within the department
- Adheres to and develops awareness around internal and external Loss Prevention procedures
- Executes Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly Plans established by SM and VM
- Upholds all Company Policy and Procedures
As an Anthropologie employee, your health and well-being are among our highest priorities. We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full time employees that includes medical, vision and dental coverage. All employees receive a fabulous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(k) plan, qualified transportation credit, a generous employee referral program and much more. Learn more.
Sound like a good fit?
If you are ready to lead and inspire a team of positive, dynamic individuals, please apply. We look forward to reviewing your unique qualifications. You can learn more about Anthropologie and all URBN brands.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To Apply, please click here!