The Manager in Training (MIT) contributes to a profitable and customer-centric environment through development of a team and support of the selling and operations of the total store. They gain proficiencies in opening/closing procedures, manager-on-duty skills, and the life cycle of product to curate a compelling customer experience.
REPORTS TO: The MIT is an entry-level management position reporting to the entire store leadership team.
CAREER PROGRESSION: Department Supervisor
- Cultivates an environment of genuine customer connection
- Demonstrate extraordinary service, leading by example on the sales floor
- Facilitates and energized pace and positive service environment
- Engages with the local community via events and social media platforms
PEOPLE & DEVELOPMENT
- Supports the management team in recruiting, hiring and retaining top talent
- Ensures development, coaching and counseling happen at the associate level
- Takes responsibility for own development and professional growth, identifies and trains replacement in preparation for career progression
- Executes meetings that are well-planned, collaborative, educational and motivational
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, strong assessment and decision-making skills
- Provides global insight in relationship to the customer experience to the leadership team
- Participates in ongoing staff education and thought sharing of product knowledge
- Builds and maintains productive partnerships
AESTHETIC UNDERSTANDING & APPLICATION
- Executes stock-to-sales processes and presentation standards
- Is knowledgeable of trend and supports brand messaging
- Gains understanding of how merchant skills impact business and the customer experience
- Executes in markdowns, transfers and restock standard within the total store
As an Anthropologie employee, your health and well-being are among our highest priorities. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, vision and dental coverage, a fabulous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(k) plan, qualified transportation credit, a generous employee referral program and much more. Learn more.
Sound like a good fit?
If you are ready to lead and inspire a team of positive, dynamic individuals, please apply. We look forward to reviewing your unique qualifications. You can learn more about Anthropologie and all URBN brands.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Click here to apply.