Our Brand Promise
Native Shoes exists to create happiness and enliten lives, one Beast Free step at a time.
Design: We consider aesthetics and functionality in all we do.
Possibility: We explore and achieve higher dreams by leaving constraints at the door.
Integrity: We do what we say we do.
Accountability: We take personal responsibility for our actions.
Love: Leading with kindness, we love those around us enough to have truthful conversations.
Lite: Above all else, we Keep It Lite.
Native Shoes strives to embody each of these words in all aspects of our brand. We engage in a fast paced, ever-evolving working environment with plenty of room for innovative thinking — encouraging honesty and challenge in a comfortable workplace. If any of the above words resonate with you, this is the place to be.
The Role Function: Sales Associate, Full & Part Time
This role is the face of our brand, representing who we are and what we stand for with every guest that enters our store. This role is responsible for providing an exceptional customer experience through excellent product knowledge, solution oriented mindset and ability to strike up a conversation with anyone about anything.
Our Santana Row Store:
This is our first permanent store location in the United States! We are anticipating to open in the Fall and are looking for rad people to join us starting in August & September.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be a strong contributor to the Native Shoes retail floor experience through your positive attitude and constant ability to grow & elevate your skills
- Be knowledgeable and up to date on company communication, product knowledge, priorities, launches and any additional information required by the Store Manager
- Utilize Point of Sale (POS) system, process payments, refunds/exchanges and issue gift cards
- Receive and process stock, involving: unpacking, counting, tagging as required, sizing and merchandising on the floor, with overflow stock in back room and stored areas
- Support with inventory management including receiving, processing, restocking + destocking, and visual merchandising
- Answer store phones and respond to voicemails and store email account as needed
- Under the direction of the Store Manager, you perform/complete other additional projects, duties, and assignments as required and/or by request
- Minimum 1 year in retail environment
- Completion of post-secondary education will be considered an asset
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the store
- Experience cash handling and open and closing
- Enthusiastic in a retail environment, for developing colleagues and for driving strong sales results
- Strong sense of personal style and passionate about the Native Brand
- Extraordinary proven leadership capabilities and invested in educating others
- Excellent problem resolution skills and dealing with difficult customer situations as they arise
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Passion for design and footwear
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Creative problem solving skills
- Organized and detail oriented
- Proven ability to independently organize and prioritize tasks and workload
- Takes direction and responds favourably to change
- Assumes ownership and accountability for projects